The 2023 movie release calendar is packed full of great kid-friendly titles that you can watch with the whole family. In fact, there are so many you might not be able to keep up with them all. Luckily, the team at Good Housekeeping has a running list of new releases available to rent, stream, or see in theatres. Whenever you have a free weekend with your little one, and you’d like to see a new movie, check out their list of some great recommendations. Here are 10 amazing titles you can see right now.
Movies To Stream
- Nimona (June 30, 2023) – Stream on Netflix:
- Mummies (February 24, 2023) – Stream on Hulu: This film reveals a secret underground world of mummies. When a crucial artifact disappears, several mummies must venture topside, attempting to blend in with the modern world, to retrieve it. The movie skillfully mixes elements of adventure, humor, and a unique take on ancient cultures.
- The Magician Elephant (March 17, 2023) -Stream on Netflix: Based on Kate DiCamillo’s novel, this animated Netflix film follows Peter, a boy searching for his lost sister. A fortune-teller’s advice sends Peter on an extraordinary journey to find a magician and his elephant, weaving a tale of adventure, magic, and family bonds.
Movies To Rent
- The Amazing Maurice (February 3, 2023) – Rent on Prime Video: This animated adaptation of Terry Pratchett’s book features a conniving cat, Maurice, and intelligent rats who trick villagers into paying for Pied Piper-esque services. However, things go wrong in a town, blaming rats for food disappearance. Hugh Laurie, David Thewlis, David Tennant, and Emilia Clarke voice characters in this slightly dark yet non-terrifying tale.
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (April 5, 2023) – Rent on Prime Video: This animated Super Mario Bros. movie enthralls kids by exploring their favorite Nintendo characters’ world. The amazing cast of voice actors amuses parents. It’s packed with Easter eggs, delighting all generations of Nintendo players.
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret (April 28, 2023) – Rent on Prime Video: Judy Blume’s iconic coming-of-age novel, “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”, has been transformed into a film. Abby Ryder Fortson stars in the lead role, alongside Rachel McAdams, in this cinematic adaptation directed by Kelly Fremon.
You might also like: Ways To Keep Mosquitoes At Bay
Movies To See in Theatres
- The Little Mermaid (May 26 2023): Halle Bailey stars as Ariel in this live-action remake of Disney’s classic, The Little Mermaid.
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (June 2, 2023): The sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, pioneers of the multiverse concept, sees Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy team up with a fresh squad to combat a formidable new villain. Amidst the adventure, they navigate a universe teeming with diverse Spider-Folk, blending high-stakes action and intricate world-building.
- Elemental (June 16, 2023): In Pixar’s latest, beings are classified as fire, water, earth, or air. The narrative centers around a fire and a water elemental who discover they’re more alike than they thought. This tale of unity and understanding showcases Pixar’s signature blend of captivating storytelling and innovative animation.
- Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken (June 30, 2023): In this unique story, Ruby Gillman, secretly a kraken, struggles to blend into her terrestrial high school. The arrival of Chelsea, a popular mermaid and natural enemy of krakens, complicates matters. When Chelsea endangers the ocean, Ruby must reveal her true nature to protect her home.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.