Most plants and flowers give off an aroma that affects the behavior of insects. Bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, and others often depend on their sweet nectar to survive. Other insects stay away. In particular, many homeowners would be thrilled to find plants and flowers that repel mosquitoes. Here are a few that do just that according to Pro Tool.
Plants That Smell Good and Repel Mosquitoes
- Lavender. To humans, lavender provides a soothing scent. Mosquitoes, on the other hand, find it pungent, and they are quick to escape its grip. Silvery green leaves with purple flowers provide a warning: mosquitoes stay away.
- Eucalyptus. People who like the smell of menthol will like eucalyptus. They will also like that mosquitoes don’t. This widely-used plant is popular in floral arrangements and is coveted for its essential oil.
Plants That Look Good and Repel Mosquitoes
- Marigold. While it may not be quite as pleasing to the olfactory senses as some other plants, many bugs absolutely detest marigold. Plus, it is attractive and easy to grow in the ground or pots.
- Catnip. Both catnip and catmint get the top prize for their ability to repel mosquitoes. They are also quite pretty. They have a tall, thin profile that features bright green leaves and attractive white flowers. Catmint is similar only it boasts lavender-colored flowers.
- Monarda. Monarda is a perennial that is quite attractive according to many people, and it has several bonus features when growing in the yard. Bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds love it, while mosquitoes can’t stand it. Monarda can grow up to four feet tall and features flowers that pop red, purple, pink, or white.
Dabbing the Oil
Instead of just letting the plants and flowers do their thing by growing in the garden, some people might want to spread the love. If a homeowner crushes a leaf between their fingers they can get some of the oil from the plant on their skin. Then, the oil can be rubbed onto a person’s neck, wrists, legs, and elsewhere. People should be careful, however. Some of the plants on the list from Pro Tool are toxic and should not be ingested. Those with allergies should also take heed.
You might also like: Snacks To Get You Through The Day
Financing at Amigo Chevrolet
When someone chooses a new or used vehicle, the next step is to figure out the best payment plan. At Amigo Chevrolet, the experienced professionals in the finance department can provide customers with the guidance they need. They can look at the available interest rates, desired monthly payments, and crunch the numbers so people can walk away with a plan that makes them comfortable. Folks who want to get an idea of what their options are can start calculating payment plans at home, and when ready customers can apply for pre-approval for their loan. To learn more, people are welcome to visit the dealership at 1900 South Second Street, Gallup, New Mexico 87301.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.